Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Never Forget

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner Lost in time's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    1,385
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    after this day i dont think anything will get easier, but i'll tell you something it makes me look at life more...I know Judy it brings tears to my eyes...6 years ago it doesnt seem that long ago that this happened it seems that its a fresh wound cut you know?

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner Rogue Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4,137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    awww, rog... you're a sweet guy... [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] *hugggs*... i'm glad you came by today to see it and comment... you're the first so far this year... the thread was actually started last year on 9/11. I dug through everything to find it rather than start a new one, cuz i always think it's touching to remember the feelings that have already been expressed.... [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    <font color="#C0E1F2" size="1">[ September 11, 2007 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Rogue Angel ]</font>

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner Rogue Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4,137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    awwwww... thank you, rog.... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, Thank you. You are a very talented and caring person and your tribute was from the heart, but as we know the visitors sometimes are on limited time constaints and can miss something, so I just wanted to save that moment in time for those that show up late.

    tributelg

    NEVER FORGET!

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner phoenixrising79's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2007
    Posts
    695
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't help but remember that 9/11 was one of the reasons I went into the army in august of 2002. Granted, I was working for walmart over on the Oregon coast at the time, and I was looking for a job since they had cut my hours. I made good money, but I didn't join because of that, I did it because deep down I knew it was the right thing to do. Now I'm looking at a medical discharge due to my service connected injuries, and the fact that I have asthma on top of it. I volunteered three different times to go over and fight, and each time I was told an emphatic "no". I guess everything happens for a reason. I remeber being told in Basic Training by one of my Drill Instructors whom I still have alot of respect for to this day that " a soldiers job isn't to die for his or her country, it is to go over to a war kick the holy hell out of whoever we are fighting, and do the best you can to come home in one piece."

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If I could have gone I would have. I simply have too many medical issues. But I am damn good with a gun or knife. In light of everything I do think it is time for us to bring our men and women home. We've lost so many already...why lose any more. Being a military wife isn't easy because you never know if they are going to issue deployment orders and if they will dismiss them on the basis of pending medical investigations. It is scary to think that we have lost so much already and there seems to be no end in sight.

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner phoenixrising79's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2007
    Posts
    695
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Things will get better... As far as the whole getting orders thing goes. Remember what I said, when I talked to the Sgt who is looking at my medical stuff. She told me that if I came down on orders, to give her a call, and she would get them removed. Besides they still think I have my bottom wisdom teeth (which were removed a couple months or so ago), and that still makes me non-deployable by medical standards. At least in theory. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Nothing is ever absolutely certain, except that we are born, we die and in the meantime we deal with both things which make us happy, and things which royally suck donkey dick. So why worry? I'm sure the braincells could be wasted in a much more useful fashion like looking at porn, or making our own [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    <font color="#EAD1AA" size="1">[ September 19, 2007 09:00 PM: Message edited by: phoenixrising79 ]</font>

  8. #18
    HB Forum Owner Rogue Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4,137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh my... LOL...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
haven for the fallen